Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Wild About Harry
My recent coverage of the ongoing death of Andrew Jackson brought up the interesting subject of Presidential crushes among several friends. Apparently lots of people have them.
My presidential crush is Harry S. Truman, the 33rd President of the United States.
Some reasons that Harry S. Truman and I are meant to be:
1. Those glasses drive me crazy.
2. He once ran a haberdashery, which means he was quite stylish.
3. He looked good in uniform.
4. He is from Missouri, which is the "Show Me State." That is next to Kansas, which is the "I'll Show You State." Kansas is where I'm originally from. Get it?
5. He has the best presidential name since Millard Fillmore.
6. Our love match horoscope said this: When Taurus and Leo come together in a love affair, they can be a great couple because they know how to stroke one another's egos and love to have their own stroked! They have similar needs: Taurus needs plenty of affection, to be loved and cherished, while Leo likes compliments and wants to be adored and admired. They're both extremely loyal and possessive lovers. Since they have such similar desires, they can generally provide for one another's needs quite well.
7. When I took the "Are you Ready for a serious relationship?" quiz on Seventeen.com, it said that I am "Fully Committed" to our relationship.
8. According to a rousing game of MASHO I played a while ago, we will live together in a mansion (Hello? White House?) and have four children.
9. He has his own library, and I love books.
10. Here he is on the cover of Time Magazine. Is your boyfriend on the cover of Time Magazine?
11. He has a boat.
Who is your presidential crush?